How it works
Follow these simple steps to BYOC
- Use the map to search by postcode or category
- Clean your container (very important). A clean container has no strong smells, no food particles, no leftover residue, no broken pieces or cracks, not cloudy (this means the container is too old)
- Visit the store (you might see one of our posters)
- Either refill your container yourself or hand the container to a service employee who will fill it for you. If it’s somewhere like a deli or bulk store the employee will weigh your container first, fill with your chosen item, reweigh and subtract the weight of your container. This is so you don’t pay for the weight of your container). Most scales have a tare button for this.
- Pay for your item and smile knowing you are helping to reduce single-use